Many alternatives possible
Musicians have an enormous charisma and music has a great effect, also in terms of international understanding. With the help of musicians, a broad public could be reached over a longer period of time, especially at live concerts. The prerequisite for this would be that very many people participate.
As possible actions there are many alternatives, such as:
- Writing peace songs, playing them.
- During a concert, e.g. before or after a peace song, point out the nuclear war risk in a few sentences.
- During a concert, display a poster in the background with references to the risk of nuclear war.
- Provide information about the risk of nuclear war on your own homepage, e.g. in the form of links to these pages or another page of the peace movement (e.g. ICAN).
- Join in at https://mit-musik-gegen-atomkrieg.de/unterstuetzer .
- If many musicians join in, this could create a worldwide movement over several years. It is to be expected that newspapers, radio and television will also respond, which would increase the impact.
- In the course of time, perhaps a peace song could emerge that is played at every concert by all artists who participate, comparable to football, where “you’ll never walk alone” is sung in many large stadiums.